Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

Anyone giving up anything for Lent?. I'm not Catholic, but I do believe in fasting/ sacrificing to get closer to God. I've been reading my Bible and journaling, and am really excited to see what this season of fasting brings. Last year, I gave up Nesting (which was a huge sacrifice for me!), so I wanted to do something different this year. I decided to give up non-cable TV. I am way addicted to TV, so this is definitely going to be a challenge. We have a DVR, so if I want to, I can catch up with my Bravo, Lifetime, E, and MTV shows later... and trust me, there are a lot of them. It may seem like a cop out because I wil still allow myself to watch local channels (where my beloved Glee, Modern Family, and The Office reside) but.... oh well. It's between me and God and I don't care what people think.

I'm also giving up Facebook games. Even typing that reminds me of what a loser I am... but those stupid freaking games can get so addicting! They are time suckers, and I know that refraining from playing them will give me sooooo much time to focus on what's important to me. God, my family & friends, and giving back to my community.

Okay, this last one is kind of embarrassing, but I can trust you, right? Pinky Swear? I'm trying to fast from... gossip. I'm a girl, and girls like to talk about everything and everyone. We just do. And, I know I can totally be a chismosa and metiche sometimes. I'm not proud of it, I'm just stating the facts. I honestly don't do it to be mean or hurtful... I'm just nosy and like to know what's going on! But, I do give the side eye to people at times, and I want to break that habit. I want to be loving and caring and nurturing dammit!

So, that's what's going down over here. I'm excited to see what God does around these parts during the next 40 days! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment