Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick Update!

Yikes, it's been a long time! School has been crazy, and we've been really busy around here, so I haven't had time to update. Here's a quick one.

1. Birthday Camping! For my birthday, Huz and I went on a fabulous little camping trip at our favorite spot. It was really fun, but super duper cold. Huz whittled, played his harmonica, and read. I painted, knitted, and lounged. It was great! I love that we're total old people.

2. The Bunnies are Bonded! It's totally official! We are a three-bonded-bunny family! All three Buns are in the same pen together, and getting along fantastically. They cuddle, lay around, and play. It's such a huge accomplishment, and I'm really proud of our little family for working hard and getting here together. It feels so great to know that we have peace and happiness in our home. Yippee!

3. Prince! Oh my goodness! We found out last week that Prince was coming to town! We bought tickets for a show that was literally just days later. We bought cheapie nose-bleed seats, and I was so excited to go! We got there, and immediately got upgrated to.. get this... the 7th row! Yeah, I know, crazy! We had amazing seats. And it was the most incredible concert of my life! We've seen some amazing shows, like Paul McCartney, Santana, BB King, and Third Day (at this one we were right in front of the stage, and met the band after. Awesome!) but I think this was my favorite concert ever. I was dancing the whole time, sang along to every song, and had so much fun. Prince did such a wonderful job, and has the most talented team with him. It was an experience I will never forget, and I'm so glad we got to go!

So that's two more on my 30 before 30, which is so cool!

4. Sewing- my cousin came over tonight and showed me how to use my sewing machine. I seriously didn't even know how to turn it on when we started, and now, I am so excited to practice everything she taught me. I think I'm really going to have a great time! And I can't wait to cross it off the list!

5. Cake Pops! Our church is doing this incredible young adults service called The Journey. I absolutely love it! I got Bakerella's book for by birthday, and was so eager to try my hand at them, so I decided to bake some for our service. They were really fun to make! And, I really liked the display Huz thought of. The theme of The Journey is "Finding God, Finding Yourself, and Finding Purpose". Huz thought it would be really cool if we could display the cake pops in a suitcase or trunk. We bought a cheapie suitcase in the right size from Ross. I covered some styrofoam with scrapbook paper that looks like an old map, and poked holes for the cake pops to fit in.

I love that my Huz is so creative and came up with the concept, and then worked with me and helped me carry it out. This isn't the best picture ever of the display, but here's a little look. They went over pretty well, and I can't wait to make them again this week!



Tomorrow I'm going to see Glee Live! I am way too excited! :D

I guess that's it for now. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment