Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Weight Watchers meeting and end of Couch to 5K week 1

So today was my first WW (weight watchers) meeting. I liked having the support of my cousin, aunt and uncle who also went. They were super encouraging and made me feel really good for being there. I hated the weighing in part (duh) but I wore my shoes and sweatshirt hoping that next week (when I show up all but naked) the numbers on that cussing scale will be waaaaay down.

Okay, if I'm honest, my impression of my very first meeting is that it feels like a cross between AA and Sunday School. I'm not an alcoholic, so it's not like I'm an AA expert. I did go to a LOT of Sunday School classes though. The little "Bonus" stickers reminded me of AA tokens or something. And the little booklet had the lesson of the day (which we followed along with on the big pad of butcher paper the leader read from in front of the class). I almost expected to color a picture of Jesus on a donkey. But, whatevs. It was interesting although a little uncomfortable. Hopefully that was just first day jitters and I'll learn a lot next time.

After WW, we did our C25K training. I have to admit that it's kind of kicking my butt. I thought it'd get easier but now I'm sore and trying to run which hurts even more. My legs and hips literally burn and then feel like jelly after. I'm so glad that I'm doing this with my family, because I know I would have quit by now if it was just me. I'm a quitter. It sucks, but it's true. I played the flute for two months and quit. I made the softball team in middle school and quit. I was captain of the lacrosse team in high school and quit. I started Project 365 and quit.... I don't know why, but I just don't keep at things.

So, after confessing this to my cousin A, she told me she would keep me accountable and help me stay on track. I will not quit, I will not quit, I will not quit. I will train and I will run a 5K on Halloween and I will wear a cool costume and I won't give up before the end!

And now, I will ask Huz nicely to rub my poor, sad, tired, hurty legs.

1 comment:

  1. Good job for making it through week #1, that's an accomplishment in itself! You're taking control of your body and health and you have to start somewhere! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete