Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hanging Out

Last night, I was sitting in the living room studying when I glanced over and saw all my bunnies just looking at me. I'm not sure if they were daydreaming about how lucky they have it and how happy they are, or if they are in cahoots and have some evil plot for revenge going on. I snapped a pic with my phone to document it either way.

On the left in her own hutch is Jude. She's still recovering from the spay, but I think she's feeling a little better every day. She moves around more and just begs to be petted and picked up. We can't pick her up for another few days (sadface), but we sit next to her hutch and talk to her and pet her and give her treats. She loves attention.

At the top of the two story cottage is The Boss, Hef (maybe we should start calling him Jefe). He's always up there, surveying the land, checking out his kingdom... and trying to be the first one to spot when a treat is on it's way. If he hears the fridge door open, or the rustling of packaging, he's runs up there.

Holly kind of blends in, but she's at the bottom of the cottage, just taking it easy. She gets a lot of beauty rest. She likes to lay in her bed and not be bothered. And if something doesn't go the way she thinks it should, she'll stomp. She and Veruka Salt have that in common. I wonder if Holly wants a bean feast.


Sometime soon, we'd like to get a third story for the cottage hutch and have all three bunnies bonded so they can live in there together. Jude's hutch is our outdoor one (The Buns' cabana if you will. They'd go in and drink water or grab a snack while playing in the yard) and I'd like to get it back outside asap. Crossing our fingers that bonding goes well after Jude heals completely!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I love your buns! (hehe, no pun intended) We couldn't put B on our laps or anything after she got spayed either and we hated it. Hopefully Jude heals quickly so that she can put it all behind her!
    I think Hef would make a good Jefe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SUCH a good bunny mamma !!! Quick healing to Jude !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... what sweet buns! I used to be a foster mom for the HRS and wound up keeping several over the years. Several years ago though, we moved into a MUCH smaller home and just couldn't do it anymore. I miss having buns around the house, but someday we'll have the time & room to do it again! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies for enabling and affirming my Craziness. =)

    ReplyDelete