Wednesday, March 30, 2011

*Unplugged*

I am a terribly unfocused and unmotivated individual. I get distracted so easi- Hey! What's that over there?! Haha... see? =) I am always on facebook, or my board, or googling random stuff... it's awful. And I have a lot of stuff to do! I need to be more focused on my priorities: spending time with my Huz, Buns, and family, finishing up school, getting in shape, my volunteer work, completing on my 30 before 30 list, Spring Cleaning, and being more involved in my church ministry. I also want to spend more time on what I consider to be constructive hobbies: reading, knitting, sewing (I still have not touched my sewing machine), baking, and organizing my photos. Getting distracted by Facebook, my board, and tons of TV watching is not going to help me. Blah.

I always have this problem. Why am I such a media addict?! So, I've deactivated facebook and Twitter, logged out of my board, and gotten rid of those bookmarks on my phone and desktop, and limited the shows I record. I hope that unplugging will help me be more connected to my Huz and *real* life. I may still blog, but I don't think I really blog enough that it distracts me. But if it starts to, maybe I'll limit that too. I want to be the best person I can, and make good use of every day. Being inside, glued to the computer day after day is sad, and not what I want for my life. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but hopefully it works out for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Well that explains why you haven't responded to my messages! Haha, I was sad! I miss you. Hopefully we can stay in touch via the blog world! I totally understand what you mean about needing to unplug. H and I have instated a "no media night" at our house so that means once we get home from work there are no cell phones, no computer and no tv what-so-ever, it is fabulous! It gives us some great time to reconnect and focus on eachother, our pup and our house.
    I hope going unplugged helps you reach your goals! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No media night sounds fabulous! I really like that idea. I miss you too! I hope you guys, B, and Little T are doing well =) I definitely don't want to lose contact with you. You're such a wonderful friend. Feel free to email me anytime, and of course, we'll keep up through blogging. =)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete