Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Walk for Life & Charged Up for Life 5K


Okay, I am so excited about this! I am working on #15 of my "Thirty Before 30" list! ::directs attention to right-hand side of the screen:: I want to participate in a race/walk/ or run for a cause I believe in.

I am going to run the Charged Up for Life 5K. I'm getting together a team and sponsors so I can raise money for an amazing organization I'm involved with called RealOptions. Huz and I donate money and baby items there regularly, and I volunteer there every week. It's a fabulous, welcoming place that provides important services including peer counseling, post-abortion counseling, information on parenting, abortion and adoption, pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, OB care, baby and maternity clothes, diapers, blankets, cribs, formula, strollers, child birth classes, referrals for other important community programs, and so much more. And all of the services are free of charge to clients! I love being a part of this awesome ministry.

The amazing part is, RealOptions runs entirely on donations, and is still able to provide free services! Because I absolutely love my volunteer work, and love the men, women, and children we serve, I want to make sure to help raise as much money as I can to make sure that those in our community are getting the support they need. I have seen so many individuals and families be totally blessed by this ministry, and I have been so blessed to serve them, especially alongside the wonderful people I work with. I know a real need is being met here, and I love being a part of it.

Now, I am no athlete. I do need to exrercise, and I always think I will, but I get lazy and don't do it. It's awful. But now, I feel like I have something bigger than myself (no pun intended lol) to motivate me. I'll be picturing my client's faces when they light up after seeing their baby for the first time through an ultrasound. I'll be thinking about those hugs I get from girls who are able to gain some comfort and peace knowing that we're here to help them. And I'll remember that in some of my clients' young faces I see my own mother, who got pregnant with me at 17 years old and, even when it all seemed hopeless, she made a choice for life. I am always thankful for that.

To me, it's not about religion, or politics, or "saving babies", or punishing women, or judging and condemning, or taking away a choice, or anything like that. I want to help educate young men and women about the life that's growing, and help them to fully understand all their options. And, no matter what their decision is, I want them to know that I support them and love them and want to help them however I can. It's important to me that they know they are loved and valued, and that they are not alone.

If you feel you can, please help us with this Walk. We can use participants, sponsors, volunteers, cheerleaders, prayers... if you are willing, I bet we can find something for you to do! If you aren't local, you can sign up and get sponsors and walk around your neighborhood to participate. Or you can donate to my team and keep us in your thoughts or prayers. With un-athletic me in charge, we're going to need it lol! If you're interested, email me at mrs.moosie08@gmail.com and let me know.

Thanks so much, and God Bless!

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14

We love, because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19


His for Life,

No comments:

Post a Comment