Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gardening Day!

Today was Garden Day! Huz and I put on ugly old clothes and tried to hide our black thumbs from the poor plants we chose. I didn't want to scare them. I really hope the best, but I think these little guys know their fate. If we succeed, we eat them. If we fail, they die. It must suck to be at the bottom of the food chain.

First, we prepped everything. This is part of our little backyard with our patio furniture, and our little garden corner. And of course, Hef running around under the table. I think he's already plotting on how to eat all of my plants without sharing. Stingy rabbit.

And now, a closeup of my herbs and the little pots I painted.... and my sparkly pink nail polish. The herbs will go on the window sill in the kitchen

While Huz and I were working hard, Hef and Holly ran around, hung out in their play house, and played with their toys.





Huz planting our chiles (Ooooh, I hope we get a lot so we can have homemade salsa for a long time!):
And then, just add water! Soon we'll have strawberries, oranges, bell peppers, chiles, squash, herbs, and hopefully salad greens and onions. I can't wait! (in case you're wondering, the buns went into their outside hutch so we could bring them inside. It started getting cold!)
Happy Gardening from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment