Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Huz & the Buns

Huz and I spent the day being Ward and June Cleaver-like. Huz went to the home improvement store and worked with power tools on fixing the buns' house (Houdini Hef chewed through some of the wood and has been slipping out of the back of their house to take midnight walks around the kitchen. Bad Bunny!). So Huz took care of that. I went to the craft store and bought paint and brushes and painted some flower pots for my herbs. I bought some little rosemary, basil, oregano, and thyme plants that I'll put in my cute pots and place on my window sill in the kitchen. I'm excited to use fresh herbs in my cooking! And, I'll try to post a pic of the finished pots after they dry and have the plants in them.

After Huz fixed the cage, we put the buns back in and gave them some chew treats. No matter how many treats we give them, they'll still pick one and fight over it! They chase each other around, trying to get that treat back. As soon as one gets it and takes a bite, the other one will snatch it away and run! Then, the first one will look around surprised like "Hey! What the heck happened to my chewy?!" and chase the other bun trying to get it. Huz and I are right by the cage, trying to tell them "Guys! There's more treats! You don't have to fight!" But, I guess they'd still rather battle it out.

Huz loves to watch them play and chase each other. He gives me a play by play while I'm in the other room. "Hun! Hef has the treat! He's trying to run upstairs so Holly won't get it! She blocked him! Good job Holly! Watch out! Hef is going to get it from you! Hef is going to get it from her Hun!". Isn't he adorable? =)



1 comment:

  1. Haha! That play-by-play cracks me up! And that's such a cute house you have for them!

    ReplyDelete